Re: Question about resizing a tablespace

From: Andrew Williamson <andrewweb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

Possible disk file fragmentation. If the datafile is alone in it's own volume, then it will not fragment (unless you have some sort of weird dynamic-sizing volume, which is doubtful as you are appear to be using NT). NT will fragment them even if backed up/restored UNLESS they are on their own volume which you can reformat between backup and restore.

AW