Re: Installing NT for Oracle8i

From: Klaus Zeuch <Klaus.Zeuch_at_erls04.siemens.de>
Date: 2000/05/02

Hi,

I think with just 128 MB RAM you can't get a satisfying installation of oas, 8.1.5 and JDeveloper. OAS Version 4.xx alone requires a minimum of 128 MB. Recommendations for 8.1.5 (enterprise edition) are also 128 MB minimum (including sga?). I think when using these products in parallel you should consider buying 512 MB RAM.

Except that: installation under NT is quite simple. One problem I heard: You can't install OAS 4.0.8.1 and 8.1.5 under the same os-user, even when using different oracle_homes as the oas-manual states (conflicts in the registry). There's been a posting recently describing a solution.

Regards

Klaus

TDanis1522 <tdanis1522_at_aol.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 20000430011701.21644.00000498_at_ng-fe1.aol.com...