Re: Indices

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

I'm not positive, but my experience indicates that it would be MUCH better if you added a sequence number to the table, declared it to be the primary key, then indexed each of the individual fields which you used to build
your composite key. Using [partial] composite keys frequently requires a full INDEX scan which, although faster than a full table scan, is not the fastest.