Oracle and multiple CPU's

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/01

How does Oracle utilize multiple CPU's if you're not using PQO (Parallel Query Option)? I've seen PQO using multiple processors, and it sure does it speed things up during full table scans.

But what if you're not running any full table scans - therefore you aren't using PQO - I guess Oracle can only use one CPU at a time in that case. Right?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT