Query Oracel using ODBC - "No columns were bound..."

From: Jack Liu <jack.liu_at_visual-x.com>
Date: 2000/05/01

I am trying to connect and query Oracle 8i using ODBC (Oracle ODBC driver) in Visual C++ 6.0. The connection seems fine. However when I try to query something like, "Select * from employee", I get CDBException:

"No Columns were bound prior to calling SQLFetchScroll/SQLExtendedFetch."

I use inherted CRecordset, and I think I map the fields correctly.

(BTW, don't want to offend anybody. Having used JDBC for a while, I think ODBC is very annoying and difficult to use. Microsoft seems to make a very simple task ridiculously difficult.)

Thanks,

Jack Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT