Re: Any help for a new DBA?

From: Jason Kratz <JasonKratz_at_excite.com>
Date: 2000/05/01

As a note Oracle recommends at least 6 months of experience before taking the exams. Personally I'd be more concerned with getting experience first with Oracle as a DBA vs worrying about the exams. As someone who has just 'decided to pursue Oracle' I find it strange that the first thing you are doing is worrying about what exams to take instead of gaining practical experience.

Jason