Re: insert many records in short time

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/01

a couple things you can try:

alter table <temp_table> nologging; --- to disable redo logging set autocommit <some_number_of_rows>; --- to force periodic commits insert /*+append*/ into <temp_table>

      select * from <table:partition> where <condition>;

keep in mind there will be no redo logging taking place, and with the periodic commits forced by the set autocommit command, if your insert dies, you may have manual cleanup to do.

you may also be able to do something via PL/SQL that would run even faster.

HTH,
Roy

In article <390CCB20.8166BC43_at_ti.com>,
  Shylasri Thirunagari <x00shyla_at_ti.com> wrote:
> I want to insert data from a partitioned table(300 million rows) to
> temporary non-partitioned table in short time. Table has just three
> number columns. No indexes, or constraints on the temporary table.
 Does
> somebody know any solutions.
>
> Oracle version 8.0.4 on Sun5.6.
>
> Regards,
> Shyla

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT