Re: New to oracle entreprise manager console.

From: John van der Steen <steenjoh_at_iquip.nl>
Date: 2000/05/01

Hi,

You need to install The Oracle Management Server (OMS) Then configure it and your in business.
When you connect with your console to the mangement server you need to fill in the name of the server where the OMS is installed (you need to start the management server first in services (NT). Did you take a look at the installation manual for OEM ? All this is in there.

Greetings,

John

Adelard R <postmaster_at_ishop-usa.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8ekc7p01evk_at_enews3.newsguy.com...
> Hi,john,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> Let see if I understand what your are saying.
>
> -I installed Oracle8i server
> - I installed also Oracle Entreprise Manager (v2)
>
> Both of those installations are in my NT server( one computer)
>
> During the installation ,I created a Database : localhost :1521: marie
> with user ID ( SYSTEM) and password ( oracle( manager ) for the user with
> this user ID ( edrubangura) and password ( vielife).
>
> So, i can access this database ( marie) with the user ID ( edrubangura)
 and
> password ( vielife) in all oem visual tools( like Schema Manager, storage
> Manager, .......) without a problem.
>
> But the problem comes when loging in OEM Console, I don't know what i need
> to enter in "Management server", but I know only the Administration and
> password for the OEM Console which are sysman and eom_temp.
>
> So ,my question is :What do I need to enter in " management server"? Am i
> missing something? Do I need to install something else?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Adelard R
>

> John van der Steen wrote in message <390D73D0.414841_at_iquip.nl>...
> >Hi Adelard,
> >
> >Did you installe the management server?
> >
> >The Oracle Management Server (OMS) is supplied with OEM(V2). You have to
> >install it on a server. This can be the database server(NT,Solaris), this
 can
> >also be on a clientserver(NT, Solaris), or just a server(NT, Solaris).
> >
> >The OMS is a server that is the central point (Middle tier) in the OEM(2)
> >architecture. This server communicates with all OEM clients, Databases
 and
 the