Re: New to oracle entreprise manager console.

From: John van der Steen <steenjoh_at_iquip.nl>
Date: 2000/05/01

Hi Adelard,

Did you installe the management server?

The Oracle Management Server (OMS) is supplied with OEM(V2). You have to install it on a server. This can be the database server(NT,Solaris), this can also be on a clientserver(NT, Solaris), or just a server(NT, Solaris).

The OMS is a server that is the central point (Middle tier) in the OEM(2) architecture. This server communicates with all OEM clients, Databases and the OMS repository.

Check the OEM installation guide for further Information.

Greetings,

John