Re: RMAN: connecting to target db problem???

From: <asokol99_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/01

Yes, i can't use Unix user id, must use password file instead in order to connect to target with sysdba priv. But at this point there is bigger problem with 816 rman - compatability with non-816 databases!

Alex

In article <3909F5E5.CA438764_at_pt.lu>,
  ccc_at_pt.lu wrote:
> Hi,
> When you used rman avoid to used unix user having osdba nor osoper
> privileges.
> I have to check if it's rman or ebu.
> Which used the osdba or osoper privilege, if user password is wrong
 and
> doesn't complaint about it.
> In this case using sqlnet you can lose the osoper capability and
 explain
> the 1031.
> Regards Francois.
>
> asokol99_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > I have several 8.0.5 and 8.1.6 databases on the same Sun server.
> > I created a new instance for Recovery Manager under 8.1.6 home.
> > Created a catalog. Now i have a problem trying to connect to the
> > target databases (and maybe i didn't read manual correctly, but it
> > certainly is NOT explicit about that (or wrong)).
> >
> > Here is the scenario:
> >
> > I log into my oracle unix account.
> > Say, i have a database test1, created under Oracle 8.1.6.
> > No problems connecting with "/" as you can see:
> > (it was already registered)
> >
> > ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
> > ORACLE_BASE=/export/home/oracle
> > ORACLE_HOME=/export/home/oracle/product/8.1.6
> > ORACLE_DOC=/export/home/oracle/doc
> > ORACLE_SID=test1
> > cassandra% rman target / catalog rman/rman_at_rman1
> >
> > Recovery Manager: Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
> >
> > RMAN-06005: connected to target database: TEST1 (DBID=3943866115)
> > RMAN-06008: connected to recovery catalog database
> >
> > RMAN> exit
> >
> > I do the same thing with slightly different command and get a
 problem

> > cassandra% rman target sys/colts_at_extract1 catalog rman/rman_at_rman1
> >
> > Recovery Manager: Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
> >
> > RMAN-00571: ====================================================
> > RMAN-00569: ======== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
> > RMAN-00571: ====================================================
> > RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package
 failed
> > RMAN-04005: error from target database: ORA-01031: insufficient
> > privileges
> >
> > (i have password file etc).
> >
> > Now, to the second problem:
> > say i have another database, call it DEV1, created under 8.0.5.
> > My environment is still 8.1.6:
> > ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
> > ORACLE_BASE=/export/home/oracle
> > ORACLE_HOME=/export/home/oracle/product/8.1.6
> > ORACLE_DOC=/export/home/oracle/doc
> > ORACLE_SID=dev1
> > I issue rman command:
> > cassandra% rman target / catalog rman/rman_at_rman1
> >
> > Recovery Manager: Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
> >
> > RMAN-06193: connected to target database (not started)
> > RMAN-06008: connected to recovery catalog database
> >
> > Q: DO target database and catalog have to be on the same Oracle
 release
> > version?
> [...]

Before you buy. Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT