Re: Installing NT for Oracle8i

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: 2000/04/30

    If you go to buy your machine at a CompUSA or equivalent you'll hear salesmen who don't know much or anything about NT. But all the major manufacturers have web sites. There you can simply order you machine with NT instead of Win98. Last time I bought a server I wanted a Dell but they charged about $700 extra for NT server. Gateway charged just over $100 extra as I recall, making the Gateway a lot cheaper.

    And if you do want to install it yourself it's not a big deal.

Van