foreign key dependencies?

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: 2000/04/30

I'm interested in analyzing a schema for foreign key dependencies for the purpose of archiving..
In other words, if I want information in a certain table, what is the chain of foreign keys to other tables that will require me to archive 2 or 3 tables in order to set the dependencies for the one table I want.

In other words, I'm looking for chains of parents... Like if I have a table A that I want to archive, and it has a foreign key to B, and B has a foreign key to C which has a foreign key to D, I'm looking for
A B C D
B C D
C D

Thanks,
Dc. Received on Sun Apr 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT