Re: OFFLINE DROP

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: 2000/04/29

No..by all means put the file back...
alter database create datafile 'xxxxx'
alter database recover datafile 'xxxx';
If it is really empty, which you can find out in dba_extents view, just re-size it to something lower than the minimum extent that will ever be used.
The ONLY way to get rid of it is to drop and re-create the tablespace, which may not be an option depending on the size. Of course, this scenario assumes you've already removed the file from the operating system, if you haven't, you just need to recover the file as far as I know..