Oracle Database goes down after a while - ORA-12571, -01041, -01092 error messages 8iPE 8.1.5

From: <dhoenig_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/29

I bought a PE licence Oracle 8i 8.1.5 for WinNT. After I installed the database and created some tables, I experienced some problems: I run some SQL queries with SQL*Plus. After a couple of minutes the database became inaccessible: First I got
Error ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure. When I tried to run the same SQL again, I received ORA- 01041: Interner Fehler: hostdef-Erweiterung existiert nicht (now it's German: internal error: hostdef-extension doesn't exist). After shutting down SQL*Plus and restarting it, I received ORA- 01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced.
It happens all the time. It'd no problem with the SQL, because the same SQL worked properly before (it was just a select * from <table>;).
Who can help?
I'm not sure, whether this is the right
discussion forum, but didn't find a better one. Best regards,

Dirk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Apr 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT