Howto: insert a LOB>4000 byte into 8i

From: Andreas Jung <ajung_at_saarland.sz-sb.de>
Date: 2000/04/28

Dear all,

since days I am looking for a way to insert long strings (more than 4000 bytes) into a NCLOB field under Oracle 8i. I tried this by using a Python interface and PHP4. I tried using the bind mechanism but in every case I get an ORA-01461 error (can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column). This occurs with data longer than 4000 bytes.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this problem ?!

Thanks,
Andreas   Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT