Re: DB_BLOCK_SIZE Question

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

In article <8ecoil$i70$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   welty.k_at_mellon.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i create a database using the oracle installer (add db objects),
> it creates the database with a default block size of 2048.
>
> I would like to create a db with a block size of 8046, but am not sure
> if I can do this and still use the installer. Is it possible to edit
> the init.ora file to include the parameter and then use the installer?
> Or will I have to create a seperate initX.ora file and create the
> database off of that??
>
> Thanks alot!
>
> Karl

I think you mean 8192 (4096 * 2)not 8046. And the last time I used the installer to build a database it allowed me not quit right at the point beore it ran the create database command and I modified the init.ora at that point and ran the create script the installer created manually.

You can edit the init.ora and create database script created by the installer and manually rerun the create as long as you either have removed the OS level files first or added the reuse option (if it is not already there) to the create database script file.

Another option while using the installer is if it gives you the option to cancel is to use another session (or window on a PC) to edit the init.ora before continuing.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.