Re: archive log files

From: Andy <andrew_at_soft-solutions-inc.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

Once they have been backed up to tape, you can delete them - as long as you aren't trying to delete a log file while the arch process is copying it (theoretically you shouldn't be able to) it won't affect the database instance at all. If you need some of the deleted log files for recovery, just restore them from tape. A good strategy would be to keep all the log files created since the start of your last complete physical backup on disk, since these are the ones that will most likely be needed for a recovery.

HTH,
Andy