Re: Oracle server 7.3.4 and Netware 5: server disappears...

From: Randy Backus <RJBackus_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

Henk,

I have had similar experiences with Oracle 7.3.x on NetWare 4.1x. We think the issue is with the listener and SPX. When our system would hang, I could still connect with SVRMGR on the server connecting as INTENAL. Switching over to TCP/IP has seemed to help.

I am always able to do a shutdn immediate but when doing an ORAUNLD, I'd get a message that some resources could be be released and I would loose the NetWare server prompt (:) although the server itself would still be running. A cold reboot would then be needed.

We will be moving to Oracle on NT next week.

Randall Backus