Re: Need HELP with Deadlocks

From: <miaemp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

I will try the trace and get back to this posting. I also have been reading up on deadlocks. We have DISCRETE_TRANSACTIONS_ENABLED=TRUE. Could this be part of the problem since the updates to a single datablock could be many in the case I have given?

TIA
Eric Peterson

In article <8ec73f$tk4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <8ec1n6$n4h$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> miaemp_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Is there some tool out there that will parse this trace file, or how
 or
> > what do I look for in the trace file to determine the deadlock.
 Here
> > is part of the trace file.
> > Deadlock graph:
> > ---------Blocker(s)-------- ---------Waiter
 (s)--
> > -------
> > Resource Name process session holds waits process session
> > holds waits
> > TX-001e0013-0000063d 73 116 X 33
> > 87 S
> > TX-000b0076-0000b2d2 33 87 X 73
> > 116 S
> > Rows waited on:
> > Session 87: no row
> > Session 116: no row
> >
> > To me, it appears that a row is not being waited on, it might be
 some
> > sort of resource. Anyone have any other ideas?
> >
> > TIA
> > Eric Peterson
> > Programmer/Analyst DBA
> > Maurices Inc.
> > eric_NOpeterson_at_mauricesSPAMMERS.inrg.com
> >
> > Note that the opinions I may have expressed here are solely my own
 and
> > not that of my employer's. To email me directly, remove the NO and
 the
> > SPAMMERS from the address.
> >
> > In article <8ea8th$q84$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
 approx.
 18
 and
 have
 seems
 why.
 The
 set

 and
 not
 SPAMMERS

> > > I believe that Oracle deadlocks cause a trace file to the user
 dump
> > > destination and this trace file contains the rowid of the row the
> > > deadlock was on. You may to look for to see if such trace files
 exist
> > > and if they are of any use.
> > > --
> > > Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
> > > you follow so follow your own advice --
> > >
> I can not find a copy of the post where I read how to find the
> information but since the trace file for the deadlock does exist try
> using tkprof on it just like it was a session trace file and see what
> happens. Please post if this works or fails.

> --
> Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
> you follow so follow your own advice --
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT