Re: Oracle Parallel Server on Sun

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 2000/04/28

Mario Bucsics <mario.bucsicsNOmaSPAM_at_siemens.at.invalid> wrote:

>I´ve a serious problem with my parallel server V8.1.5.0 on
>solaris 2.6.

>In regular intervals i get the following error messages in my
>alert file:

<snipped>

Any apperant thing that may cause this to happen? A PQ query for example that uses PQ slaves on both instances?

The majority of OPS problems I've run into were either o/s bugs causing Oracle problems (e.g. failed async i/o completion notification by the kernel), or an incorrectly configured DLM (lots of these).

Or it can be something little and not very obvious - like an inconsistency in the global INIT.ORA file for these instances...

I suggest that you troubleshoot this problem by monitoring both instances and trying to discover what happens in Oracle that is leading to this error. I would think that there must be something (e.g. a user session & process) that leads to this error occurring.

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT