Re: Oracle export file binary format

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/04/28

Allan Plesniarski <aplesnia_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8eae49$6n$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi, rather than pay a hefty license fee,
> I have decided to write a utility that can read an Oracle export file
> and perform a multi-stream import. It is just a shame to see a 24
> processor S80 chugging along on one CPU.
>
> Does anyone have any documentation on the binary format of Oracle
> export files? Any leads will gain a complimentary copy of the utility.
>
> Thanks,
> Allan
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

What about using multiple db writers and/or other parallel facilities?

And of course the format of a dump file is propietary, so you won't be able to write it, without being sued.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT