Re: Scripting on NT

From: Aaron <asentell_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

Does anyone have an opinion about using Java? Of the two, Java and Perl, I tend to lean more toward Perl. Java seems like it would be extra work to have to compile source code. On the other hand, Oracle 8i has Java built in and Java is pretty much guaranteed to be portable across OS's.

In article <8eaf8f$1hd$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Aaron <asentell_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> I'm curious in hearing about other people's experiences with writing
> scripts on NT. I just made the switch from Unix to NT, and I feel
 like
> I'm working with one hand tied behind my back now. I need a good, low
> cost solution. A product like MKS ($400 a pop) would be out of range.
> Has anybody tried using perl or java? I would like to have something
> that would be portable to Unix since we might be getting it around
 here
> sometime in the future.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT