Re: NT service accessing Oracle

From: Dadd <Dadd_at_cp.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

John,
If you are using Net8 access to your database you may have a problem with Oracle client 8.1.5.
Net8 won't connect your app unless NT session had a 100% successful logon procedure.
Example: if you take your laptop home and start NT without connecting to an office domain server
NT will let you in with some warning message, but Net8 won't connect even to a local database.
If you use local security account than everything work OK. Problem with service set to start-up automatically is that by default it uses SYSTEM account.
Net8 will not connect and your service won't work. Trick is to set an existing user name and password for this service in service property dialog window.