Re: ******pl/sql*******

From: dhruba <tapashc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

Hi all,

As a local user when I use
select * from tabdb2_at_dblnk.world;

it works fine

but if I use
desc tabdb2_at_dblnk.world
it gives ora-12663
service required by client not avl on the server,

again

if I use
create table oratab as select * from tabdb2_at_dblnk.world; these also works fine

My question is
if I would like to insert data from db2 table(remote) to oracle (local) table
I have to convert datatype (for example timestamp on db2 to date on oracle)

I am not sure how this could be done!

can any body please show me some wayout, so that in procedure I can get the data from db2 and insert into oracle table converting
datatype on the fly?

Thanks in advance

rcy

In article <8e9ggk$ii1$1_at_news.messer.de>,   "kru" <kru_at_messer.de> wrote:
> Hi dhruba,
>
> perhpas databaselinks can help u. Create one to the db2 system
> and use that as if it would be on your machine ...
>
> CCK
>
> dhruba schrieb in Nachricht <8dlh2o$psb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi
> >
> >I have oracle 8.1.5 in NT4 server,
> >from sqlplus on this box I can connect to oracle and to another
> >db2 database(remote) which is on 0s/390,
> >I have 2 common table both on oracle and db2 database.
> >
> >I need to write a pl/sql which will select data from db2 table and
> >insert into oracle table.
> >
> >I am confused as when I am selecting data from db2 that is actually
> >not in this box but in a terminal like,
> >
> >How can I capture that db2(remote) data and put into oracle(local)
 table.

> >please give some advice
> >
> >rcy
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT