Re: loading data

From: <marcpark_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/27

The first question is what does the flat file look like. sqlloader is a choice, you could also write a pro*c progam to open the file and load it, you could use PL/SQL with utl_file to open the file, parse it and load it. Most likley the simplist solution is to use the sqlloader to load the data.

Marc Parkinson

In article <8e9jil$10m$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   farrellyr5408_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I'm looking for a good tool to load data from one flat file to an
> oracle805 database. I'm not sure if sql loader is the tool or if
> somebody knows of something better or maybe easier to use.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT