Re: Oracle Job

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: 2000/04/27

One thing that can cause job drift is your job_queue_interval setting, which is in seconds. If you have it set to 600 for example, this means Oracle checks what jobs are scheduled every 10 minutes. So, conceivably, depending on other factors, Oracle could wake up 9 minutes and 59 seconds later then you wanted the job to run, and then process when the next scheduled time is at that point, causing drift. To get around this, lower your job_queue_interval to tighten up the schedule, and rather than using sysdate, round it to the nearest hour first before adding 1/12, although I'm not sure off hand at the moment what the syntax for that would be.