Re: Parallel Server & Standby Database

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/27

In article <8e8gar$etb$1_at_garnet.hamburg.cityline.net>,   "Roger" <NOrgSPAM_at_mcs-hh.de> wrote:
> Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de> schrieb in im
> Newsbeitrag: 3906DFB6.E6263929_at_0800-einwahl.de...
>
> >>I doubt that this works. Imagine you have two archived redo logs,
 one from
> each
> thread.
> In which sequence shall the standby database replay the archived
 logs? If
> Oracle
> support can answer that question then please tell me as I faintly
 remember
> that
> in our OPS course we were told that this cannot work.<<
>
> I asked three different people at Oracle and all said that it should
 work.
> All the archived logs have a log sequence number and a thread number.
> Besides that they contain the system change numbers for the
 transactions
> (SCN). And that number is global to the whole OPS cluster. So I don't
 see
> why the standby database shouldn't be able to apply the redo logs in
 the
> correct order.
>
> Roger

I have ran database recovery with OPS and in the early days support told us to do the recovery using only one node. Oracle asked for and we had to provide the logs from both sides to the one instance. I would think that the standby database should be able to do the same. I would like to know how this works out. We may need to do this ourselves.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.