Re: Privileges required to admin Oracle on NT

From: John van der Steen <steenjoh_at_iquip.nl>
Date: 2000/04/27

Hi,

I think though that Local administrative rights are sufficient to do the job. Oracle doesn't need domain admin rights or something like that. It needs local rights to update the registry, run services ....

Greetings,

John

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> schreef in berichtnieuws h85dgskr3qqa8dist007opeh0t12qo27ft_at_4ax.com...
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:19:32 -0500, "Doug Olson" <olson283_at_tc.umn.edu>
> wrote:
>
> >I would like to here arguments as to why NT administrator privileges are
> >required to administrator Oracle databases on NT. (Yes, I'm having to
> >justify the need for these privileges.)
> >
> >I'm investigating the feasibility of using OEM to do the job, but I don't
> >know OEM very well yet. OEM seems nice enough when using the tools like
> >Schema Manager, Storage Manager, etc. But its harder for me to envision
> >doing exports, cold backups, file cleanup, software installation, etc.
 from