Re: Configuring a new database on netware

From: <schroeerm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/27

In article <3904C86A.A8523BAC_at_lchb.com>,   Matt Ward <mward_at_lchb.com> wrote:
> I am having problems being able to connect to two different oracle
> databases. My problem is as follows. I have two working complete
> databases, after configuring net8 I am able to connect internally to
 one
> of them fine, the alias name is 'oranw80' with an sid of 'ORCL'. The
> other database I have given the alias name of 'prod_db' in net8 but I
> cannot figure out how to define its SID, (System Identifier) I am sure
> there must be some configuration file where this is defined but I
 simply
> can't find any docs on where it is. Help!

First you have to check the listener configuration of the database server where the second database is located. The filename is LISTENER.ORA
On Novell the file normaly resides in VOL:%ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN In the file there must be information about both instances ORCL and the other one.
On the netware console you shouldn test the connection to both databases with the svrmgr.
On the netware console you can view the configuration file listener.ora with starting the ncf-File "Easycfg" by typing easycfg

Greetings
Martin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT