Oracle 8i trigger problems

From: Richard Hansen <yurasis_dragonNOSPAM_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

We're using 8i (8.1.6) on a Solaris 7 machine and are moving from a 7.3.4 and Solaris 2.5 environment.

I have re-created the tables via select and a db_link.

I export (rows=n) from the 7.3.4 database to restore procedures, triggers, etc. but have encountered problems with triggers.

I perform an insert (as the schema that owns all the related tables) on a table and get an error something like :

	error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
	table or view does not exist

This appears to be referring to the trigger that we have on this table and once I drop and re-create the trigger, the problem goes away.

Has anyone moving form 7.x to 8i encountered wierd things like this, or, does anyone have an explanation for why this would happen.

Thanks a lot in advance. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT