Re: Parallel Server & Standby Database

From: Roger <NOrgSPAM_at_mcs-hh.de>
Date: 2000/04/26

Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 3906cb0e.1141433009_at_news.saix.net...

>>I fail to undestand why you would want a standby database for OPS. OPS
is after all a redundant configuration. If one or two nodes go down in a three node OPS cluster, you still have one node up and running. Short of a catastrophic failure (explosion, fire etc.),<<

I must agree that it doesn't make sense to install a standby server in a nearby location. In our configuration for example the standby server is about 30km away from the OPS. It is very unlikely that a fire or explosion will destroy your OPS, but it can happen and sometimes it is to costly to take this risk.

Regards

   Roger Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT