Re: Configuring a new database on netware

From: Walter Dorninger <walter.dorninger_at_aon.at>
Date: 2000/04/26

Take a look at "tnsnames.ora". It is located in ".../network/admin" or ".../net80/admin". Watch out - there can be more than one tnsadmin.ora on your system. You can specify the env. variable TNS_ADMIN to override the default location.
In a TNSNAMES.ORA File you can specify the "logical" name to use for a bunch of settings how to connect to a Oracle database (Network, Protocol etc. etc.).

Walter