Re: System Tables in User Tablespace???

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

Only objects created as part of the create database process belong in the system tablespace. Everything else belongs in an application or common tablespace. There are a couple of objects owned by system in the system tablespace right after database creation, but for the most part system is just another owner and it's objects belong where you want them. The system tablespace should be reserved for the Oracle rdbms base tables like seq$, fet$, uet$, etc... that make up the dictionary views.

In article <390669E0.F80C9966_at_mindspring.com>,   "Scott W. Patterson" <swpatterson_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
> To rephase the question, Do all objects owned by user-'system' belong
> in the
> system tablespace as vs the User_Data tablespaces??
>
> These tables which really have no rows in them, are clearly owned by
 the
> User- 'System'
>
> Shall I move them into their own tablespace or delete them from the
> User_Data tablespace?
>
> I am running OEM also, I think these tables belong somewhere else and
> were created
> from a script that was run by mistake by another user/schema.
>
> "W. Scott Moore" wrote:
>
> > You should be able to go in with Repository Manager and choose to
 remove the
> > repository.
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > > These tables are the Oracle Enterprise Manager repository.
> > > Ideally you shouldn't use the system account for this.
> > > There is an utility to delete them included with OEM, I don't
 exactly
> > > remember where.
> > >
> > > Hth,
> > >
> > > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
> > >
> > > Scott W. Patterson <swpatterson_at_mindspring.com> schreef in
 berichtnieuws
> > > 39050BE0.E5058287_at_mindspring.com...
 SM

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.