Re: host_name from v$instance mystery

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/04/25

Which didn't resolve it as Oracle stores the db_domain in the control file once.
If you really want to change it use
alter database rename global_name to '<database name including domain>'

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

<kal121_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8e4rtc$qkv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...