How to hide password on command line in AIX

From: Kevin <kcheung_at_poboxes.com>
Date: 2000/04/25

How can I hide the pasword for using tools like sqlplus on command line in AIX ? For example,
sqlplus apps/apps_pwd @abc

I've tried to substitute the password with a env. var like sqlplus apps/${APP_PWD} @abc

But this does not work in AIX, it shows the value of the variable instead of the name of the var when I do a ps -ef

Thanks,
Kevin Received on Tue Apr 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT