Re: Oracle V8 : ORA 904 but column exists ???!!!

From: Randy DeWoolfson <randy_at_euclidsys.com>
Date: 2000/04/25

Once, on a version long gone... ( 5.3 maybe lol.. I'm old.)

We got some tool or other that created table names in lower case in the schema
somehow. you could query them (Select * from tab; ) in SQL Plus and see them
in lower case, but you could not select from them because the parsed sql would be
in upper case.

no idea if this is remotely what you're talking about.. just reminded me of it.

Randy