Oracle AQ

From: John Alden <alden_at_maherterminals.com>
Date: 2000/04/24

Q-table params.

    Recipients - multiple
    Sort - priority,enqueue time

I have a question on dequeue.
In a multiple consumer Q, if a message is in the process of being consumed by another,
will that message be skipped over a later consumption? Is this the case for all or is this just for prioritized messages. The documentation on this is a little vague. See: Oracles Application Developer's Guide

        Chapter 11 Advance Queuing
        pg 8 - Priority and ordering of messages

I need the messages to be processed FIFO by all consumers. If I get rid of the sort string on Q table creation, will this then ensure that all messages are read
FIFO, I don't really need priority on this type of Q. Received on Mon Apr 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT