Re: Error 12514

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/04/24

12154 is 'failed to resolve servicename'. This means Oracle can't find linkname either tnsnames.ora _ON THE SERVER_ as database links are handled completely through the server
Your own tnsnames.ora and the tnsnames.ora on the server are not identical. You'll need to correct that.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Howling Fang <howling_fang_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3904B212.12C878CE_at_hotmail.com...