Help on creating tablespace

From: Thomas Løvlie <thomasl_at_c2i.net>
Date: 2000/04/24

I am using Personal Oracle and I have a problem with creating a tablespace to work with.

I write 'create tablespace UsrDat datafile 'UsrDat.dat';'

But I keep getting the error:

create tablespace UsrDat datafile 'UsrDat.dat' *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01119: error in creating database file 'UsrDat.dat'
ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

-Thomas Løvlie
thomasl_at_c2i.net
Delphi Developer for Digitalteknikk AS Received on Mon Apr 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT