Tablespaces structure question!

From: ttrivedi <ttrivedi_at_deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/24

Hey Gurus,

Hi. I have a question which , if answered, might help me clear off some mud in my head.
At my present client we have a tablespace structure which comprises of at present
each table in its own tablespace. Yes I typed it correctly each table in its own tablespace.
What problems ,if any ,do you guys foresee for this type of architecture. One of the suggestions
that we have is to have a tablespace structure which elevates the tables as and when they grow.
Like we have three tablespaces for the application which are small_tbs, medium_tbs and large_tbs.
When the table grows beyond a certain point we move it to the medium and ultimately the large_tbs.
What do you guys think of the same ?

Any questions, comments, outbursts , epiphanies would be welcome.

Tapan Received on Mon Apr 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT