Re: OCP Cert: Book and Selfttestsoftware.com

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/04/24

> If you want "the" book, its:
>
> Jason S. Couchman
> "Oracle8 Certified Profressional DBA Certification Exam Guide"
> ISBN 0-07-212087-8
>
> I also have some of the Exam Cram books. In my opinion,
> they're not as good as Couchman's book, but they weren't a
> waste of money either. The most useful book (for me) in the
> Exam Cram series was the one covering the Network exam.

I found the Exam Cram books to be very helpful. The Couchman book seemed to gloss over some details. On the other hand, the Exam Cram books didn't give too many examples. It was very terse. I used both books and can't imagine taking the tests without either one. And one of the best sources of info is the Oracle documentation.

> Someone else may have experience with the selftestsoftware
> exam prep software.

I used the free software that you can download. It only has 40 questions for each exam. The pay version has hundreds (from what I've heard). I never saw the need for the pay versions. But other have found them useful. I found the sample questions in the Couchman book to be easier than what was on the actual test. The Exam Cram sample questions I found to be harder than the actual test. The software questions I found to be right on with the actual test.

HTH,
Brian Received on Mon Apr 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT