Re: Cannot Drop Table

From: <oppurtunity_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/24

Hi

I think I found my fix. Oracle 8.1.5. on Linux has a problem with dropping tables that are renamed and have a snapshot log associated with them.

I had to rename the table back to the original name, drop the snap shot log and then drop the table.

ThanX
Sri Shivananda

In article <3900CB88.BDF38E26_at_hotmail.com>,   GC <assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> oppurtunity_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Background
> > I'm moving tables from Dict Managed tablesapces to locally managed
> > tablespaces. I the process I'm doing the following
> > A. Alter table X Rename to T_X;
> > B. Create X Tablespace LM_Y as select * from T_X;
> > C. Alter table X add constraint primary key ...
> > D. Drop Table T_X;
> >
> > Problem
> > A,B,C Work fine
> > D Fails on following error
> > ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kntgslm], [0], [], [],
 [],

> If you have an oracle support agreement, contact support. Hopefully a
> trace file was created that you can send to oracle support for
 analysis.

> Cheers,
> GC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT