cannot create database

From: Laurent La Fosse <llafosse_at_mediaone.net>
Date: 2000/04/23

Hello:

I tried to create a database from a backup control file. There are 127 datafiles in the script. MAXDATAFILES = 254 I received the following error messages

ORA-01519 error while processing /rdbms/admin/sql.bsq at line 392
ORA-00604 error occured at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01240 too many data files to add in one command

Thinking that the sql.bsq was corrupted, I copied a fresh one. Still got the same error messages.

Does Oracle have a file limit when creating databases?

Laurence Received on Sun Apr 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT