Scripted 8.1.5 DB creation on WinNT 4.0

From: Mark Gornicki <mark_at_gornicki.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/23

Hi
i would like to script the database creation on NT and not use the Wizard. I took most of my pointers from the build_all.sql script in .../rdbms/admin.

I created the directory structures required and created my init.ora file

i had one failed attempt which now seems to have blocked the database name i wanted to use (tried to use wizard and specied init.ora file i created but said database name already used).

When i stop the Listener and existing OracleSID services i get a ORA-12560 TNS: protocol adapter error

For info running on Standalone PC using MS loopback adapter (and connecting ok to existing SID)

Please could someone tell me how to free up my DB name if it is blocked? Please could someone tell me the correct way to script/run these?

PS this used to be so easy on Unix :-) Received on Sun Apr 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT