Re: Prohibit updating Primary Key?

From: <decompton_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 2000/04/21

Douglas,

I'm not aware of any "automatic" feature in ORACLE that will prevent this. You could always create a before update trigger to reject any changes to the PK. Not sure the mechanism that Designer uses.

later,

dave

In article <38FFC46E.9CC64BFC_at_ev1.net>,
  dsscott_at_ev1.net wrote:
> Is it possible to prohibit a primary key from being updated on the
> server? In Designer when you create a primary key the dialog wizard
> asks if the primary key is updateable. Does Designer write code that
> some how prohibits the primary key from being updated if this property
> is set to no?
>
> Douglas Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT