Dynamic SQL

From: Abhijit Bhattacharya <abhi_mita_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/04/21

Here is my problem.
I am trying to include an user defined function as part of an SQL statement. This user defined packaged function executes an SQL statement generated dynamically e.g. performance indicator C is made of A & B i.e. Select sum(A+B) from <table_name>. The definition of C changes over time and is picked from a definition table hence the need for dynamic SQL. I am using DBMS_SQL package to accomplish the task. As soon as I am try to put this function in my SQL statement, database generates error because of possible side effects in the called function. I tried even by putting
PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES(<packaged function name>,WNDS) in package declaration, but still it doesn't work. So is it not possible to invoked an user defined packaged function containing DBMS_SQL calls from an SQL statements ?
Any insight will be appreciated.
Thanks
Abhijit Received on Fri Apr 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT