Re: Oracle8i on Linux: java/lang/Thread

From: postmaster_at_[127.0.0.1] <postmaster_at_[127.0.0.1>
Date: 2000/04/21

I get a similar error installing Oracle8i PE for Win98.

'Net8 Configuration Assistant - Class not found: .\OraHome81\network\jlib

Net8 Configurer - No output available for this tool.'

The first thing installed is JRE 1.1.7, and it is added (not very prettily as it simply appends a new set path to autoexec.bat, thus overwriting the existing variable so windoze doesn't start next boot) to the DOS Path.

The symptoms seem similar to the Linux ones (pointing to JDK instead of JRE), but I can't see anything obvious in the Registry which might cause Oracle to look elsewhere for Java Classes.

I can't find anything about it in TechNet, I'd be grateful for any ideas.

--
Regards, Gavan.
A member of the Coalition Against Unsolicited Bulk Email (http://www.caube.org.au)