JFS on HPUX?

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: 2000/04/20

I'm trying to decide whether to use Journaled or non-Journaled filesystems on HPUX for the Oracle RDBMS datafiles.

Most all of my previous Oracle builds have used raw device files, so using the filesystem for datafiles is unfamiliar territory.

My concern is that a power failure or other system crash would cause pending writes to be lost if I use HFS as opposed to JFS for both the datafiles and the redo logs, which would not be a good thing. On the other hand, using JFS could limit write performance.

Are these assumptions correct and what is the general feel of those of you versed in using Oracle on HP?

Thanks,

-Kevin Received on Thu Apr 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT