Re: backup strategies

From: Jason Kratz <JasonKratz_at_excite.com>
Date: 2000/04/19

Only creating one database backup and then only archving the logs from then on is asking for trouble. Full online backups should be done more often than once unless you want to sit around for hours and hours while it churns thru archive logs. And if for some reason one is messed up youre really screwed.

Jason

"roblop" <roblop_at_friko2.onet.pl> wrote in message news:1qmL4.19219$hK2.380821_at_news.tpnet.pl...

> Jason Kratz napisa³(a) w wiadomo¶ci: <8dkhc9$4k9$1_at_flood.xnet.com>...
> >I'm curious as to what people are doing for backing up their database.
> >Currently we run in noarchivelog mode because we have the option to bring
> >down our database once a day. We currently back up the datafiles to
 another
> >machine which backs them up to tape later. We need to switch to
 archivelog
> >mode and I'm curious what people are doing in this mode. Are people
 copying
> >stuff to another machine and backing up to tape like we currently are?
 Are