Re: Questions on extents, etc.

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/04/19

if these three rollback segments are the only objects created in the tablespace, the maximum amount of storage that will be allocated within the tablespace is
3 * ( 30 * 160K) = 14400K

+ one oracle block (blocksized not known) for each datafile  <= 64K )

the MAXEXTENTS parameter of each rollback segment is what limits the space allocated to each rollback segment.

the MAXEXTENTS parameter on the tablespace is a default value applied to any object (e.g. a rollback segment) created in the tablespace that does not have a MAXEXTENTS value specified in the create statement.

hth